EXPLANATIONS AND EXERCISES
by Mary Ansell
Second edition, copyright © 2000
The material in this book may be used freely for any non-commercial purpose,
however no changes to the content may be made without the express permission of the author.
Questions, comments or corrections may be sent to email@example.com
The contents of the book can be seen at a glance from the Table of Contents
, which contains links to all of the material covered. There is also an Index
Anyone who would like to download the material in order to use it more conveniently is welcome to do so. Simply save this file: grammar.exe
(421Kb). This is a self-expanding file. Once you have saved the file, if you then double-click on it, and click on "Start" and "OK", grammar.exe will expand into 61 files which can be read on your browser. You will then have the whole book on your computer, and can use it in electronic form or print it out, as you wish. In order for the links to work correctly, all of the files should be kept in a single directory.
This book has the following features:
* All of the essential points of English grammar are covered.
* Each point of grammar is clearly explained, and is illustrated
* For every important point of grammar, one or more exercises are
provided, to make it easier to learn and remember the material.
* Answers for the exercises are provided.
* A summary of the uses and formation of the English verb tenses is given for easy reference.
* Grammatically determined rules for spelling, pronunciation, and
punctuation are included.
* The grammar of North American English is emphasized.
* Grammatical differences between formal and informal English are